Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A rich Italian dessert resembling trifle.
- ‘One unmissable ingredients for an authentic zuppa inglese is a shockingly hued liqueur called alkermes, which imparts a bright pinkish red colour to the sponge.’
- ‘Considering that zuppa inglese is neither a soup nor English, it is not hard to conclude that few dishes have ever been as badly misnamed.’
- ‘Before serving decorate the zuppa inglese with whipped cream.’
- ‘Spoon the cream on top of the zuppa inglese and garnish with berries.’
- ‘Our finale was zuppa inglese, a monster-large portion that jumbled raspberry mousse and sponge cake with subtle lacings of rum and port wine.’
Italian, literally ‘English soup’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips