Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The bony arch of the cheek formed by connection of the zygomatic and temporal bones.
- ‘Using the endoscope through the small lateral incision, the surgeon dissects the entire cheek from the orbital run over to the nose, down to the top of the mouth out to the side over the zygoma so the whole cheek can be freed and moved up.’
- ‘The anterior epitympanum dissection extends as far as the root of the zygoma and is made continuous with a wide anterior canal wall enlargement.’
- ‘The SMAS is elevated basically in the direction from the angle of the mandible to the middle of the zygoma, and this is sutured and suspended along its entire length.’
- ‘A short, faint horizontal ridge occurs ventral to the depression and slightly anterior to the maxillary root of the zygoma.’
- ‘The zygoma has a very tall projection that occupies approximately half its length.’
Late 17th century from Greek zugōma, from zugon ‘yoke’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips