Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of a flower) having only one plane of symmetry, as in a pea or snapdragon; bilaterally symmetrical.
- ‘The gynoecium is on the median plane of these zygomorphic flowers and not oblique as described in taxonomic literature.’
- ‘Alternatively, the gynoecium of a zygomorphic flower can be on the median plane of the flower, but the entire flower can be oblique to the axillary plane.’
- ‘It is a family of predominantly annual and perennial herbs with a semi-succulent habitus, which can be easily distinguished from other balsaminoids by its zygomorphic flowers with a spurred petaloid sepal.’
- ‘For example, the weakly zygomorphic flower is scarlet, shows diurnal anthesis and has a backwardly curved labellum.’
- ‘Floral examination revealed that flowers are zygomorphic, bisexual, and have a protruding style and terminal pollen-presenter surrounding the stigma.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips