The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of matadero
- Once in southern Europe, many animals are slaughtered in abattoirs using methods which are illegal in Britain.
- The 29-month-old animal was slaughtered in an abattoir in Wales last November and put into the food chain.
- The company wants to build a packing facility for the meat from pigs slaughtered at its abattoir in the village.
- The pigs are raised locally, slaughtered in a local abattoir and processed locally.
- However, in my opinion, animals that are slaughtered in abattoirs can suffer just as much as foxes that are hunted.
- Both pathogens can colonise the intestines of beef cattle and get into the food chain during slaughter at the abattoir.
- Spanish abattoirs are used to slaughter many Portuguese cattle.
- At present the abattoir is slaughtering animals for the domestic market.
- It was reported earlier that the abattoir will start slaughtering in November.
- The sale of meat from an animal not slaughtered in an abattoir is also illegal.
- This led the company to convert a part of the abattoir to slaughter small stock.
- The stock is slaughtered at Haverfordwest and Llanelli abattoirs.
- Many are slaughtered for pet food or sold to continental abattoirs.
- Many butchers operate small abattoirs, and those that do not, buy from a local abattoir.
- The bank has also helped set up a community-owned butcher in the town, sustain a local abattoir and buy a dolphin-watch boat.
- But the increased costs of maintaining health and safety at abattoirs means consumers are unlikely to benefit.
- However, the most iniquitous means of reducing the price is the dressing specification adopted by abattoirs.
- Widespread closure of abattoirs has already disrupted the supply chain.
- For a start they could support the establishment and use of local abattoirs.
- We have the ability to source direct from local farms using local abattoirs and we do that wherever we can.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!