The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of raptar
1raptarsecuestrarplagiar Latin America
- A new law took effect last year that makes it illegal to abduct young girls and force them into marriage.
- Families who want to marry off their daughters without paying a dowry often hire criminals to abduct eligible boys and force them into wedlock, the paper said.
- To prove loyalty to the cause, abducted children are often forced to kill family members or each other.
- Young men with poor marriage prospects might attempt to abduct a woman and force her into marriage.
- So, after he is abducted, he is forced to wander, looking for a community where he can settle.
- This was the second time for the rebels to set free abducted members of security forces in recent weeks.
- Traffickers also kidnap and abduct their victims.
- During one such break-in, they find themselves forced to abduct him and take him into the mountains.
- The arrest was a seizure by seven armed men dressed in civilian clothes who abducted him in an unlicensed car.
- Even if it was a mistake to abduct her children following the trial, the children should not be punished for her mistake.
- A woman who alleged she was abducted and raped is no longer helping detectives investigating the attack.
- A failed attempt to abduct a legislator's son came to light yesterday, sending shock waves though the legislature's staff.
- It has been alleged that the person who attempted to abduct the girl was a serving member of the force.
- He has a string of prior convictions and was arrested and was later convicted of abducting a prostitute and threatening to kill her.
- They said that children who tried to escape were usually captured by other abducted children.
- There is a pattern of arbitrary executions, the systematic rape of women and girls and people being abducted.
- A WOMAN abducted by a knifeman in a busy Bolton street and forced to drive to Leeds was today recovering at home.
- But what possible motive would a person have for abducting Mike?
- You hear about people abducting kids all the time.
- Have you ever noticed that when people are abducted it's usually during the night, Art?
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!