Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1en ángulo recto con la quilla
- After burning down fuel, we flew by the ship, close abeam.
- The ship won't point into the wind, you have to have the wind astern or at least abeam.
- Because the ram was the only ship-smashing weapon available, fleets fought in line abeam so as to present as many rams to the enemy as possible.
- Be consistent - drop notches of flaps in the same place on every landing, e.g., first notch when you're downwind abeam, second on base, last notch on final.
- It's when the breeze comes from the side, and slightly abaft of abeam, that a vessel can achieve its fastest point of sail.
- Fags were most easily located when the search heading was abeam to the wind direction, so that the pennant presented the greatest visible surface area.
- I heard him tell tower we were abeam and landing.
- That student flew wide abeam and long in the groove.
- He reported abeam, and tower cleared him to land on runway 24 left.