Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1descender en rappel
- Last year we got money to spend on playground games, but the bats were soon turned into weapons and the skipping ropes used for abseiling.
- To get off the yacht required abseiling down a rope but I was too scared to make that small jump onto the rope.
- Inspector Kench set up a rope system and abseiled down to rescue the frightened animal, which, to his horror, then tried to escape.
- We fixed the ropes and abseiled down through the spray of the waterfalls, dropping directly into pools.
- Rigging up his rope, Howie ventured out on to the rock face and abseiled down to what we could only assume was a ledge.
- I've done abseiling and rock climbing and rope courses and stuff - it usually takes me hours to work up the courage, and everyone gets annoyed with me, but I always do it in the end.
- Every spring the children in Years 5 and 6 are taken on a residential visit to take part in such activities as rock climbing, abseiling and orienteering etc.
- The winners will take part in canoeing, water skiing, rock climbing, abseiling, mountain biking, orienteering and hill walking.
- I love abseiling and rock climbing and I even have a motorbike.
- I abseiled frontward down a rock face - never again.
- Look what we offer: rock-climbing, abseiling, canoeing.
- Mr Gallivan said it was not possible to be sure what had led to the fall, but the man may have been abseiling when he let go of the rope and dropped out of control.
- A specialist team abseiled down the quarry with an animal rope sling to rescue border collie Meg after she was spotted on a rock ledge three days after going missing from her Cliviger home.
- The training covered four specific skill areas, starting with instruction and training in combat signals, tactical river crossing, climbing and abseiling.
- We hiked, swam, climbed, potholed, abseiled, ran, jumped, fell in, fell over and camped on most of Yorkshire, Cumbria and Northumberland during my time with the association.
- Cleaning the windows of the Arndale tower was previously carried out by window cleaners abseiling down the side of the building, but the hoist system ensures a more efficient and safer job.
- You say that ‘retirees’ do not want an active life thrust upon them, ‘nor do they aspire to go abseiling in their eighties’.
- Seventeen-year-old Jack Kirkby has just returned from a trip to New Zealand, where he has been skiing, taking helicopter rides and even abseiling.
- The demonstration involved Royal Marines abseiling from a Lynx helicopter to the deck of the ship while under way at speed - a technique known as fast roping.
- Staff at HSBC, in Parliament Street, York, got their adrenalin pumping by abseiling down the four-storey building.