Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1alcohol absoluto masculine
- Soluble in benzene, absolute alcohol, and ether, it is derived either from boiling coal-tar oils with subsequent crystallization and distillation, or from petroleum fractions following various catalytic processing operations.
- This is a modified mixture of Carnoy's fluid containing absolute alcohol, chloroform, and glacial acetic acid.
- Once absolute alcohol has been produced it must be stored in such a manner as to exclude water, since the high hygroscopic nature of the ethanol will readily reabsorb the water.
- The samples comprised neoplastic tissue, and each was subjected to the following regimen: the sample was placed in a 10% formalin solution for 24 hr, a 96% alcohol solution for 24 hr, and absolute alcohol for 24 hr.
- Animals have been recovered from this state after immersion in liquid helium, absolute alcohol, brine, and ether.