The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de absolutismo
- Thus papal absolutism and Spanish absolutism, secular and ecclesiastical power, grew ever more complementary and interdependent.
- Benedict's experience of Nazism led him to a fear not of absolutism but of totalitarianism, in which authority and truth are divorced.
- It is not moral absolutism but theological relativism we would do well to explore if our real need is for a God with whom we can engage our lives.
- In other words, modernity has become critical of modernism and of its own utopian absolutism.
- The linchpin of my argument is the distinction between absolutism, relativism, and pluralism.
- This arrogant spirit of ontological absolutism pervades his essay.
- At its core, this is an argument that absolutism should always be met with absolutism, a notion that I think is wildly mistaken.
- Certainly, there was the occasional despot who aspired to religious absolutism.
- In the very act of rejecting hierarchies of value, relativism constructs a hierarchy, which values its own relativism above any absolutism.
- This absolutism is wrong in principle, and it's also bad politics.
- Thus we see evil as being inextricably linked to moral absolutism, by the route of religion, which excludes understanding and is ultimately oppressive.
- Yet the German nation did not succeed in shaking off the yoke of absolutism and in establishing democracy and parliamentary government.
- They were opposed by a Conservative party, which supported royal absolutism and bureaucratic centralism.
- It seemed as if the military and financial power of absolutism excluded every possibility of a revolution in Russia.
- Locke's political ideas reflect the alliance of classes that jointly opposed the drive to absolutism in mid and late seventeenth century England.
- As Europe basked in the Enlightenment, Popish superstition and its stablemate monarchical absolutism appeared to be receding into the past.
- Then the region's leaders sided with absolutism during WWI and then Facism during WWII.
- Nor should it be thought that Marx's defence of democratic rights only extended to countries in which there was feudal absolutism.
- I was raised Catholic and left at an early age, but the Roman church's absolutism and attention to detail stay with one for life.
- At the heart of Schiller's play, written two years before the French Revolution, lies a confrontation between absolutism and liberty.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!