Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(being engrossed)concentración feminineensimismamiento masculineabsorption in sthto watch/listen with absorption — mirar/escuchar absorto
- Wilder captures the childlike adoration of the father and absorption in the way the world works.
- There is a memorable letter of 1910 in which he justifies his total absorption in composition, and gives a unique account of the genesis of two of his works.
- The sports talk station gives you a succession of men whose absorption in a fantasy world is, to me, borderline insane.
- His absorption with the world of advertising and the intricacies associated with it find dominant echoes in his works.
- This sense of enchantment, of utter absorption in a moment, is fundamental to the lyric and lies at the heart of what it has to offer.
- Psychologists talk about flow, a term that describes a state of total absorption in a task, and in which people are often at their happiest.
- His love for Sydney and his total absorption in the affairs of his adopted country never wavered.
- To be sure, his later absorption in philosophy made him neglect his private affairs and he eventually fell to a level of comparative poverty.
- Brenna abruptly looked up, her absorption with the piece broken.
- Eventually Tocqueville's single-minded absorption in French affairs will lead him away from America altogether.
- Even laziness, inattention and simple absorption in the mundane can gradually erode the capacities in which this property resides.
- The speaker's absorption in the beautiful image turns him into a Narcissus who can never be satisfied.
- Using his absorption with the computer as my defense, I declined to plug in.
- His apparent absorption in his own thoughts borders on the rude.
- While sneaking out of their rooms, he saw you walking down the hallway and in all your absorption in your books, you didn't flicker a glance at him.
- Sometimes a museum capitalizes on our absorption with money.
- The intensity of and absorption in play finds no explanation in biological analysis.
- Anna has been using her absorption in work to avoid even thinking about these issues.
- It turns out that absorption in his work had left him no time for children, hobbies, or close friendships.
- What motivates Colin Marshall is just total absorption in what he is doing and he is proud of it.
2.1(of liquid, gas, nutrients, light) absorción feminine(of shock, impact) absorción feminine(of shock, impact) amortiguamiento masculine
- Nor is it merely that their absorption into domesticity makes functional sense in a commercial and industrial society.
- But milk appeared to inhibit the antioxidant potential of the flavonoids, reducing their absorption into the bloodstream.
- From a British point of view, further absorption into the European Union will be a disaster.
- Cholesterol taken up by bacterial cells in the intestine is unlikely to be available for absorption into the blood.
- Spam's absorption into popular culture indicates that it has become a fact of life.
- They solubilize dietary lipids facilitating their hydrolysis by lipases and their absorption into the bloodstream.
- Persecution and absorption into popular Christianity served to cut short many pagan religious practices.
- Here status preservation came through absorption into the expanding state bureaucracy and army.
- Instead of ending the play with the hitman's absorption into the group, however, there's a gratuitous plot-twist.
- The relatively quick absorption into the bloodstream enables a rapid headache response.
- And be sure to paint the inside of the planter to minimize water absorption into the wood.
- Today, we confront the more subtle threat of absorption into the larger community.
- Eating dishes cooked with a variety of spices and herbs helps the process of digestion - absorption, assimilation and elimination.
- People with high-arches tend to require greater shock absorption.
- Shock absorption is especially important for fitness instructors.
- Its molded cushioning cradles my foot for maximum shock absorption.
- Essentially it is made of bones known as vertebrae with a disc for shock absorption between the vertebrae.
- Oxygen is the fuel that starts the chemical process of nutrient absorption through a seedling's root tips.
- In children the problems of poor vitamin and mineral absorption can cause stunted growth and dental problems if the condition is not recognised.
- This allows faster processing and greater absorption of information.
2.2(of information)asimilación feminine