The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de abismo
1abismo masculinoon the edge of the abyss — al borde del abismo
- It sets these individuals on a separate plane, creating an unnatural abyss between the organizer and the people for whom one works.
- And all the while people suffer, the abyss between rich and poor yawns, and exploitation continues as the bitterest fact of everyday life.
- Admittedly, there is a huge abyss between thought and words.
- The abyss between the generic business and the tight, small world of the famous classified growths is vast.
- There is an abyss between such rhetoric and the world we actually live in, an abyss called power.
- Like Ignatieff, McEwan explores the abyss between middle-class lives shrouded in material comfort and the demands of sudden human suffering.
- Personally, there was a huge abyss between father and son.
- Sideways will speak to anyone who has ever thought themselves a bit of a failure or gazed into the abyss between the mountain of their ambitions and the slag heap of their actual achievements.
- These conditions create the possibility for a new political force to arise quickly and fill the abyss between the ruling regime and popular aspirations.
- There is, at first glance, an abyss between saying that one has had an experience of God and trusting that one can experience God in one's life.
- These valuations have opened an abyss between person and person over which an Achilles of free thought could not leap, shutter how he may.
- This created the abyss between the real world and the supernal world.
- Although there is an abyss of difference between the means of the two campaigns, there are also a few notable similarities.
- The cultural abyss had grown too wide to be crossed using traditional methods.
- The result, when successful, is a welcome bridging of the sometimes yawning abyss between writer and critic.
- There remains an abyss between man and God, but this abyss inspires wonder and praise.
- The abyss of ethnographic otherness has been momentarily bridged.
- An abyss separates those who have served and sacrificed their blood for our freedom and those of us who have reaped the benefit.
- There are 170 miles and an abyss of sectarianism separating Glasgow and Inverness.
- In the late twentieth century, this schism would finally open into an abyss.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!