Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The Ford exhaust system will improve your vehicle's acceleration and passing power, and at the same, help improve its fuel mileage.
- One of the terms used in estimating the clearance time of the heavy vehicle is its average acceleration in starting gear.
- This £50,440 model has amazing acceleration for a car of its size and engine type, as well as an impressive ride quality and surprisingly nimble handling.
- Mr. Lalan says that sudden stoppage of the vehicle and sudden acceleration are not advisable.
- No compromises on acceleration, towing capacity, cargo space, fuel economy, or emissions.
- To this day, the combination of acceleration, dynamic performance and braking power offered by the current 911 Turbo continues to set the model apart from its peers.
- We've learnt at The Sunday Times never to take manufacturers' claims for top speed and acceleration at face value.
- In the rarefied world of supercars the only way to go is up: more power, quicker acceleration, higher top speed.
- They have pace, speed, acceleration, penetration, and that priceless asset, mobility.
- The difference in acceleration and top speeds make it like comparing Del boy's Reliant van with a Ferrari.
- I looked expectantly at the speedo, thinking the sheer luxury of the vehicle was masking the sensation of speed and acceleration that must surely be happening all around it.
- We spent some time testing out the motor, checking idle speed, acceleration, different speeds and trim and then stopped for lunch.
- There was just more power, more acceleration, more speed and more of that amazing noise.
- We run very closely-spaced gear ratios to maximise the car's acceleration, and this means the ratio between engine speed and car speed is higher than at a more normal circuit.
- In city driving, nearly 50 percent of the energy needed to power your car goes to acceleration.
- But after just a minute of acceleration, it would be able to top out any vehicle ever built.
- When batteries become significantly low, the unit limits top speed and acceleration to alert the operator to drive the vehicle to a charging location.
- A spokesman for Shell said tests on 37 cars on the British market found most showed benefits in acceleration and power, and one in eight customers was now buying Optimax.
- And yet the Charade's plucky 1.0 litre engine will deliver you the fastest acceleration and the best maximum speed available in this class of car.
- In older powerful cars the job of achieving maximum acceleration without losing traction was down to the driver, but today it is managed by the traction control system.