The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de acentuado
- ‘You could say these movies show the limited imagination of the screenwriter,’ he says, speaking quickly in heavily accented English that is actually far better than he claims it is.
- If the clerk at the Swiss bank was surprised to answer the phone to a gruff, Middle Eastern sounding man speaking in heavily accented English, she did not show it.
- She waxes eloquent in accented English while he speaks chaste Urdu.
- A slight woman of 37, she trembles and tears fill her eyes as she speaks in accented English about the end of her family's life in America.
- In a smooth and elegantly accented voice he spoke out to me.
- Her voice was accented, but she spoke the common tongue well enough.
- He began to speak in a deeply accented, yet flawless English, and the last bits of conversation died from the room.
- A lilting, deeply accented voice spoke quietly, yet it cut right through the buzz of conversation around them.
- He put a basket of warm breadsticks on the table, and he began to speak in a heavily accented voice.
- While she still speaks an accented Hindi, she is more confident in her speeches and is not shy of meeting the media.
- There are some characters in the movie who speak with heavy Jamaican accents or in heavily accented slang that I found hard to understand at times.
- She speaks haltingly in a soft, thickly accented voice (she emigrated from Israel in 1984).
- The woman had spoken to him in heavily accented English.
- I lifted my head, surprised to hear someone speak English to me, even though it was heavily accented.
- His English was heavily accented and not easy to understand, but still we spent the most wonderful hour discussing his work.
- ‘Yes,’ Orhan answered in his richly accented English.
- ‘Very… special… sausage,’ he says in deliberate, broken, heavily accented English.
- ‘Please be good,’ the teacher begs in accented English.
- ‘I wasn't looking at you,’ she said, with a hint of condescension in her heavily accented voice, and proceeded to hand over her sandwiches to the till woman, who had not yet given me my change.
- He was replaced by a boozy singer-guitarist who announced in heavily accented French that he was a purveyor of Irish love ballads, then blithely launched into Leonard Cohen's Sisters of Mercy.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!