Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1equipar(with clothes) ataviar
- The men are fully accoutred in authentic late 17th century military dress, with hand weapons, Regimental Colours, drummers and a living history camp outfit.
- The drawing rooms are splendidly accoutred, the 19 bedrooms individually designed and lavishly furnished and its restaurant is, simply, second to none.
- He, Grey, O'Hara, Harris and O'Hara's work friends (who had there and then agreed to join the Party) were in Unsuri's lavishly accoutred inner-city apartment.
- By accoutering herself in what others find extravagant and fantastical, Cavendish simultaneously veils and displays a multi-faceted identity to the collective gaze of the public.
- Scott's romances serve what we might call the Burkean end of making the nation lovely: they do not challenge the national institutions but rather accouter them in the generic clothing of romance.
- About 50 children accoutred in vibrant colours gave an impressive performance at the staging of the drama Shakuntala and Dushyant.
- In air-conditioned splendour the exquisitely accoutred Eastern and Oriental Express pulled out of Singapore's main station bound for Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok.
- Although not very spacious and sprawling, the park is carefully - though a little crudely - accoutred to the taste of children.
- Thus accoutred, it is all right to parade naked of ideas or principle.
- Matching up to the standards of their little ones, they were also pleasingly accoutred.
- They are arranged as two- and three-bedroom ochre-walled cottages, each coolly tiled, comfortably accoutered and elegantly secluded, each with a private balcony or terrace overlooking the rugged Tyrennhian coastline.
- He, thus accoutered, is led from door to door by two attendants who likewise assist in holding up his arms by grasping the staves.
- The six ads highlight versions of Action Man outfitted for the Arctic, the jungle and accoutred with a blowpipe, a bow and arrow, a Silver Spear vehicle and a skateboard.
- Entrées like potato-crusted, spice-rubbed redfish, accoutred with lump crabmeat and sweet tomato marmalade, although tasty, can seem overwrought.