Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Other additional accoutrements such as wedding veils, fairy wings etc will also garner bonus points.
- With a poncho, the correct accoutrements are a sombrero and some tequila; with matching hats and scarves, facial hair and a job at Santa's grotto is recommended.
- Both create diaristic work steeped in the symbols and accoutrements of Afro-Cuban religious ritual.
- This may be seen in the figure of Adonis, naked and bareheaded in some other examples, but here at least partially dressed, and equipped with a broad-brimmed hat and various accoutrements, including his hunting horn.
- Besides, I don't have the cold weather accoutrement of hats, gloves and coats; I also don't relish schlepping them around the Continent.
- Many young men (who were suspected of ‘effeminacy’ as a result) joyfully embraced its use of beautiful vestments and accoutrements.
- While the incident was clearly a set-up, it does demonstrate that the public expects at least to be sparkled and awed by the splendid attire and accoutrements of royal women, if not by their dazzling beauty.
- No way were they going to dare attend a Cure gig without their full make-up, leather jackets, hats and various other accoutrements.
- We toured the city and marvelled at the specialist shops that occupied specific streets; one street specialised in supplies for chapel selling vestments, candles and other religious accoutrements.
- Here's some affordable equipment and accoutrements to add to your wish list this holiday season.
- What we know is that the ejectees say they were removed by men whose dress, accoutrement and bearing appeared to them be those of Secret Service agents.
- Fossilized flower bracelets (multicolor buds in lucite) are fun accoutrements.
- I used a card, because the helmets and other accoutrements boosted the total past the contents of my lean wallet.
- If you have purchased a new ‘interview outfit,’ you would be wise to wear the suit, shoes, shirt, tie and other accoutrements before the day of the interview.
- Trusting his word, I step into the bedroom, most of my stuff still littering the floor right where Adele set it, and begin tossing various articles of clothing and other accoutrements onto the bed.
- Corbett later recalled that belts, coats, hats, and canes, and flowers from buttonholes - the accoutrements of gentlemen - are all flung his way.
- Advertisements, particularly those of cigarettes, should not appear on the clothes, footwear or other accoutrements of the contestants.
- The movie was filmed on location in Oregon and the period clothing and accoutrements are generally right on.
- Just like the rock art, Pharaonic Egyptian art emphasises the clothing and accoutrements rather than the physical features.
- We load the Bee with our picnic supplies, rain gear, sturdy shoes, and other accoutrements of mountain exploration, slather on the sunscreen, and begin the adventure.
- Instantly recognisable by their white outfits and strange accoutrements, all Morris dancing groups have their own identifying quirks.