The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Full of my usual razor sharp wit and acerbic commentary coupled with pithy, erudite and provoking insights into the unfolding world about me.
- The author's uncompromising critical insights and acerbic style, both humorous and original, make the reading of this work a feast for both the mind and soul.
- His style is acerbic, his humour disquiets, his directness can shock.
- Back in January, when it began to snow, I made some acerbic comment that all the 4x4 drivers will be coming into their own.
- Jeff and the tenacious Steve - who had continued to make acerbic comments about her the whole evening - sat in the two recliners on either side of the couch.
- Written with erudition and firm, if sometimes quirky, opinion, the book is interlarded with humor and acerbic comment.
- He instantly wished he could take back the acerbic comment.
- You should have a sassy woman who knows her food but also has acerbic comments to make about corporate America and the food industry.
- Thinly veiled insults and acerbic comments are the tools of his or her trade.
- I nearly offered my usual acerbic response of ‘And your point is, exactly?’
- For more than 50 years he has brought to the Bar his consummate advocacy skills combined with an acerbic wit and a sharp legal mind…
- His question wasn't acerbic, but quite inquisitive.
- Known for his acerbic wit, sharp tongue, and occasional profanity, he stood out among the colorless bureaucrats who ruled Poland.
- The old man never once turned around to look at the speaker, but his reply was undeniably acerbic in nature.
- Marrying thought provoking lyrics with great melodies and his trademark acoustic guitar playing, his music is underlined with an acerbic and sometimes sarcastic wit.
- His prose is peppered with acerbic wit and keen insight.
- He has a lazy, matey sort of north London accent, longingly smokes each cigarette, as if it is his last, and has an acerbic wit, usually directed against himself.
- Ed is known for his acerbic wit and often outlandish and controversial commentary.
- He takes his shots at me, but he has an acerbic, curmudgeonly style that gives me a laugh and he happily owns up to his prejudices.
- He is sharp and acerbic and readily entertains.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!