Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1puestos (de combate) masculine(as exclamation) ¡a sus puestos!
- Simultaneously it will teach personnel in action stations and C & C centers how to employ weapons and use ships' combat ruggedness equipment in accordance with a single concept and plan.
- Then on the day the Royal Marines were landed we were called to action stations and no one said it was an exercise.
- Once offensive operations had moved northwards, Sir Percivale loaded up 240 pallets of humanitarian aid and made a transit of the waterway, at action stations and accompanied by a minesweeper.
- He worked as a First Class Stoker in the boiler room, switching to loading ammunition magazines when on action stations.
- Recommend all unit commands go to Combat Alert status and prep action stations.
- Fuller recalls being at action stations in the aft magazine when the first air strike hit the ship: ‘There was a loud bang, and I thought we had just opened fire, but I was wrong.’
- At the moment, however, it's action stations for the summer camps, with four running in 2003.
- It wasn't long before we hit the port, and after a relaxing ride, it was action stations again.
- We were at action stations when we heard a hell of a row coming from the starboard side.
- One of most tense occasions was being called to action stations at lunchtime on March 20, when the country started to fire missiles into its neighbour.
- In 1944-5 in the North Sea, heading for a reported E-boat contact at action stations, a quick Marxist response would be, ‘Keep your head down.’
- During the exercise, Edinburgh had the opportunity to practise action stations and air defence, anti-submarine and boarding capabilities, culminating in a high seas live firing.
- As soon as the crew gets a shout, it is action stations.
- It is significant that the cabin containing the barber surgeon's chest was situated on the main gundeck, close to action stations.
- Peter, from Plymouth, was the only member of the ship's company not at action stations at the time.
- She's in love with the way her brain feels when it's called to action stations.
- Onboard Stuart, CMDR Spedding had brought the ship to action stations and raised the surface warning to Red at the instant of the first attack on ABOT.
- Even before they were through the Heads of Port Jackson, sailors were at action stations clad in bullet proof vests and manning .50 calibre and 40 calibre guns.
- And, when the norovirus strikes, it's action stations.
- But today, with the night spent on action stations, the men move to their respective dining halls.