Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1actor-director masculineactriz-directora feminine
- In a time that now seems distant, traveling theatrical repertory companies under the aegis of actor-managers like Laurence Olivier were a common phenomenon.
- In spite of losing some £65,000 as an actor-manager at the Old Vic for eight years, he wrote in a letter that there are ‘few occupations more delightful than administering a theatre with imagination and dignity’.
- The great 18th century actor-manager David Garrick performed a work entitled ‘Prologue for Mother Shipton to a New Speaking pantomime’.
- One of the first to spot my potential was the renowned actor-manager Sir Arthur Astoria.
- Her dancing master, well connected, was enchanted enough to introduce her to the most eminent actor-manager of the day, David Garrick.