The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1adictoto be addicted (to sth) — ser adicto (a algo)
- When I was 21 I went to prison for the first time and by then I was addicted to heroin.
- The proposals would force young people addicted to heroin and cocaine to either submit to treatment or face the full force of the law.
- We estimate that some 20,000 young people are currently addicted to heroin and cocaine.
- Being addicted to a substance usually means you're dependent on it to some degree.
- She started drinking heavily in her late teens and by the time she was in her twenties she was hopelessly addicted to alcohol.
- It is not at all uncommon for babies to be born already addicted to heroin or other opiates.
- He has been addicted to heroin for several years and is on a drug rehabilitation programme.
- A burglar in adolescence, he was addicted to heroin and behind bars before reaching voting age.
- Nicola had been addicted to heroin for six years, becoming hooked when a friend offered her the drug.
- At the time of his arrest he was heavily addicted to heroin and funded his habit by selling at a profit to pay for his own drugs.
- I know that I personally am only very slightly physically addicted to nicotine.
- Here was a pretty young woman, with a caring job, who died because she was allergic to a substance she was addicted to.
- We are effectively physically addicted to such things as sugar, or carbohydrates, or fats.
- Both her parents were heroin addicts at the time and she had ended up addicted to crack cocaine.
- Four percent of the Thai population is estimated to be addicted to the stimulant drug.
- In his third year he dropped out, his concentration was appalling and he was addicted to another drug which was much harder.
- He told me that alcohol was a worse thing to be addicted to than any drug, even heroin.
- She was addicted to drugs and alcohol and she had been for many years.
- This means your body is addicted to it and that is a lot harder to shake.
- She had become addicted to amphetamines since trying to lose weight five years ago and used small amounts of the drug every day.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!