Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1ayudante de campo masculine, feminineedecán masculine, feminine
- About that time Sharman became the regimental adjutant, its commanding officer's principal assistant.
- General Custer and his adjutant, Colonel Cooke, could be seen, lighting matches and candles in advance, trying to find the trail, which they succeeded in doing in a short time.
- The battalion adjutant sent me to the C Company command post by Jeep.
- General Jackson therefore has no lack of experience of infantry soldiering, having been a platoon commander, adjutant, company commander and commanding officer in infantry battalions.
- He did not speak their language and most probably spent most his time consulting with his officers and adjutants.
- Kornilov seems to have had little political sense and in 1917 was influenced by his adjutant and other officers.
- Worse yet, Lee suspected Crazy Horse would be placed under arrest and confined to the guardhouse since the adjutant's office lay adjacent to the jail.
- He made over 40 parachute jumps while serving as a rifle platoon leader, battalion adjutant, and commander of a raider platoon.
- Twice a month, the battalion adjutant coordinated a visit from the finance company to provide soldiers with casual pay.
- Turning to his adjutant, the colonel began issuing orders to deploy his troops.
- During the war he rose from a battalion adjutant to an aid of a section chief of the operational department of the 5th Army Staff.
- Battalion adjutant Capt Sean Kearns said the aims of the training were to develop effective teamwork, and to help identify true leaders, as opposed to designated leaders.
- When I reported to the adjutant, I was formally discharged from the Army of the U.S. and told to report to the 78th Division headquarters.
- It was this concern, states Showalter, not the reluctance of terrified adjutants to awaken a sleeping Fuhrer with bad news, that delayed Hitler's release of the panzer divisions.
- When he became the commander's adjutant at the American Flying School at Issoudun, he found it difficult to break away to learn to fly.
- Braxton is adjutant for the United Nations Command Security Battalion - Joint Security Area at Camp Bonifas, Korea.
- He served with the Royal Horse Guards from 1938 until 1946 and was adjutant of the 2nd Household Cavalry Regiment between 1940 and 1944.
- Fox was talking with the Black Hole squadron commander, a fellow named Stock, and his adjutant, Barrel.
- This time though, he was not only accompanied by his adjutant but by a flock of intelligence officers.
- Michael, who had been the youngest adjutant in the army, came ashore one day later with the 7th Battalion of the Black Watch.