Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Most notably, the Pueblo Indians in the Southwest used adobe masonry to moderate weather extremes and keep their homes comfortable.
- Wild West history abounds in Mesilla, where adobe buildings dating to the 1800s are still in use as shops and galleries.
- Tombstone, an easy day trip from Tucson, does however offer one vision of Arizona's pioneer days: clapboard and adobe buildings, and, of course, re-enacted gunfights.
- The primary building material was large adobe brick, and huge pyramids towered above the city.
- Southwestern style homes favor stucco or adobe exteriors and orange or red tile roofs.
- Most people live in adobe houses with thatched roofs.
- Traditional architectural styles are found in the rural communities, with variously shaped adobe houses with thatched roofs.
- In mountain villages some houses have adobe walls and thatched roofs.
- In rural areas of Latin America, adobe houses with thatched roofs are fixtures of the landscape.
- Most of the homes of poor rural people are made of local materials, with floors of packed earth, walls of adobe or wattle and daub, and roofs of clay tiles or thatch.
- They moved silently to the edge of the camp, then slowly made their way behind several mud and adobe buildings.
- Substituting adobe clay for cement is one option for a more sustainable approach.
- To prevent the clay from becoming adobe brick, she dug in 15 tons of sand, 14 truckloads of composted manure, and 25 large bales of peat moss.
- Drake led Parker in between two adobe buildings.
- It consists of flat-roofed adobe buildings, portions of which are thought to be among the oldest structures in North America.
- Derek and I joined this workshop and quickly learned much about the methods and benefits of adobe building.
- There are palm trees and cobbled roundabouts and beautiful old adobe buildings.
- The spectacular traditional-style adobe building is wonderfully remote and romantic.
- The earthen plaster-covered adobe walls are thick enough to include built-in book-shelves, creating a small library alcove behind the kitchen.
- The wrap begins with a dry brush massage before a layer of adobe clay is applied to the entire body.