Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1suprarrenaladrenal gland — glándula suprarrenal
- Aldosterone, a steroid hormone produced in the outer layer of the adrenal cortex, promotes renal sodium retention and potassium loss.
- There remains only a limited source of female sex hormones after the menopause, by conversion of androgens secreted by the adrenal cortex.
- Epinephrine is produced and released from the adrenal medulla in the kidney (ie, endogenous).
- The ultrasound was normal, but an undifferentiated mass in the region of the right adrenal gland was detected.
- A hormone secreted by the adrenal gland that raises blood pressure by constricting arteries and increasing heart rate.
- The nodules did not invade the adrenal capsule or adrenal medulla.
- The activity level of the major organs increases, and hormones are secreted through the adrenal gland and nervous system.
- The adrenal glands are situated on the superior portion of each kidney.
- In nonpregnant women, the main sites of progesterone biosynthesis are the ovaries and the adrenal cortices.
- Other reported sites, in order of prevalence, include the bones, brain, kidneys, and adrenal glands.
- The kidney and adrenal gland were grossly unremarkable.
- Cortisone is one of several steroid hormones secreted by the cortex (outer covering) of the adrenal gland.
- Incidental renal or adrenal masses are sometimes found during imaging for problems unrelated to the kidneys and adrenal glands.
- Due to the proximity of and propensity for renal cell carcinoma to spread to the adrenal cortex, this possibility should be excluded.
- Certain problems with your kidneys, adrenal glands or even a complicated pregnancy can cause high blood pressure.
- The pituitary, in turn, tells the fetal adrenal gland to secrete more cortisol.
- Prolonged adrenal suppression results in atrophy of the adrenal cortex.
- One, a 20 year old female, had deposits in the brain, liver, lung, bone marrow, adrenal glands, and ovaries.
- The pituitary gland is the ‘master’ gland, controlling the adrenal cortex and the thyroid.
- Computed tomography of her abdomen showed normal adrenal glands.