The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de adulto
1adulto masculinoadulta femeninoadults only — solo para adultos
- The years passed as the children grew into adults, left home and came home again when on holidays.
- It's about two youths and the evolution of their relationship as they grow into adults.
- How can something so small require the undivided attention of two grown adults and still not be satisfied?
- As the surviving children grow up into adults, we must feel eternally grateful that they are here.
- Would it be better to treat children like adults while they are growing up?
- The investment looked canny as the market for gadgets and toys aimed at adults keeps growing.
- I believe we have to treat grown ups as adults, and everyone has to be free to make his or her own choices.
- He hoped to spoil the youngsters and watch them grow up to become adults he could be proud of.
- Who knew a large powered wheelchair with two 80 watt batteries and a fully grown adult could do so much damage?
- It allows the child to grow into an adult who feels valued and competent, who can be emotionally attached to others and has empathy for them.
- In particular, low birthweight infants who grew to be heavy adults were at high risk of coronary heart disease.
- We share hopes and dreams for our kids and expect that we will be able to provide for them as they grow into adults.
- It is a bit ironic how all little girls want to do is grow up and all adults want to do is be young again.
- Children who are overweight tend to grow up into adults who are overweight.
- Other children grow into young adults while in foster care and leave to live independently.
- There is growing evidence that most adults with moderate coeliac disease can eat oats.
- Sometimes a young adult who has grown up in a sheltered, relatively conservative environment finds him or herself ready to rebel the moment he or she leaves home.
- I was a chubby kid who grew into an overweight adult.
- I had lost my best friend, the girl I had grown into an adult with.
- Tickets are £5 for adults and £1 for children accompanied by an adult.
1(physically mature)adultoI've lived here all my adult life — toda mi vida de adulto la he pasado aquí
- It is assumed, in these contexts, that normal, fully developed adult human beings are responsible beings.
- Most animals are developmentally programmed to grow to a characteristic adult size.
- In the 10 years since then, children's fare has grown more sophisticated and adult expectations have diminished, creating a space in the middle where they can all meet.
- Hair grows quickest in young adult women 16 to 24 years old.
- When we were little, he was lanky and awkward - just starting to grow his adult teeth; I was short, bony and shy.
- They take about two years to grow to full adult size.
- It was a very great privilege to have been on such intimate terms with a wild creature, to have acted in loco parentis and watched him grow into a handsome adult bird.
- Tissue and organs grown from adult stem cells would not be subject to the same rejection problems because they would be genetically identical to the cell donor.
- When it falls off naturally, the adult tooth grows into the gap.
- The adult guinea-pig can grow to as much as 30 centimetres in length and 1200 grams in weight.
- We must also help them to grow up and face adult responsibilities.
- The duck is growing his adult feathers and when I go out to feed him in the morning, he makes a terrible racket when I take his bowl away from him to fill it up.
- She grew a full set of baby teeth, lost them and grew a set of adult teeth in all that time.
- School bullies usually grow up to be adult bullies, so bullies need to be given zero tolerance.
- With such a reliable food source, the adult populations can grow well above what would normally be possible, putting additional pressure on the ecosystem.
- The movie pay-per-view business may have a long way to go before it realizes its full potential, but the adult movie sub-sector is growing by leaps and bounds.
- As the organizations sponsored an increasing number of dances, the number of youth and adult bands quickly grew.
- There are many adult gamers that grew up with Nintendo and still want to connect with the company that they associated so strongly with video gaming in their youth.
- Now that Halloween has become a fully adult holiday, it is only fitting that we track down the essentials you'll need over this Halloween weekend.
- This audio book provides guidelines for every stage in the puppy raising process from adopting your puppy to watching them grow into healthy adult dogs.
2(mature)(behavior/approach) maduro(behavior/approach) adulto
- ‘He is determined to turn his life around and deal with matters in a more responsible, mature and adult way,’ Mr Jones said.
- And he should be adult enough and mature enough and experienced enough to understand it.
- Mature, adult comprehension can lead us all to see that there are some very intelligent and worthy of praise men out there.
- There was something definitely more adult and mature about her best friend and for a moment, a feeling of intense resentment welled up within her.
- Her idealization of her mate results in a one-sided relationship that doesn't seem to function on any mature, adult level.
- On some rare occasions, Andrew would take his younger brother along for an adventure that to Aaron seemed very adult and mature.
- This year they felt that the two young fellows got along very well and they felt that the older child was adult enough or mature enough to adequately supervise the boy.
- He's resolutely adult, more mature and perhaps more cautious of the world.
- It's a very mature, adult role, which to me, is what Norman is really like in person.
- So when you get something that is for a mature adult audience, it's sort of a relief.
- A better man than me might have talked to her about it, might have resolved it in a mature, adult fashion.
3(suitable for adults)the book may be too adult for a 12-year old — el libro puede no ser apropiado para un niño de 12 años
4eufemismo(sexually explicit)para mayores eufemismopara adultos eufemismo
- It turned out the lawyers were referring to dozens of adult magazines seized from his home.
- We also assessed the availability of products that could be used as educational or therapeutic products, such as adult magazines, books, and videos.
- Dietz and Sears examined books, magazines, and films in adult bookstores in four cities.
- How many adult films, bookstores, magazines, or websites will remain for you to enjoy when such a law is enforced?
- It's not really an adult film, even though it has some slight sexual references, and some scenes involving drugs.
- This X-rated adult book concerns the battle between good and evil.
- Somehow, George managed to interest the people who published Penthouse Magazine in a line of adult comic books produced on a handsome budget.
- The sunglasses must not merely be chosen, they must be selected in a process at least as involved as that of an eighteen-year-old selecting his first adult film at the local video shop.
- It used to be that the studio producing an adult film would carry that information at their studio.
- A couple of adult film producers based in California are being prosecuted in Pittsburgh by U.S. Attorney Mary Beth Buchanan.
- According to Hotel Secrets, 60 percent of in-room entertainment revenue comes from adult films.
- He points out that mainstream films will only be given a rating such as PG or R, but will not be subject to approval by the board like adult sex films are.
- The shop has been operating for more than three months, selling lingerie, adult toys and adult magazines, none of which requires a licence.
- Well, not unless you are considering a career in the adult film industry, then I suppose it's perfectly acceptable course of action.
- They had one initially and the idea was that it would denote adult films that weren't in the realm of sex and exploitation.
- The accounts will confirm the sale in March of Desmond's adult magazine stable.
- A former marine from Detroit, he had wanted to be a policeman, but instead drifted into adult films in the mid-Nineties.
- A lot of people derive enjoyment from watching adult films.
- They said they were interested in getting me involved in the adult film industry.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!