The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1adulterio masculineto commit adultery — cometer adulterio
- You could hook up with someone else, but that would be adultery and adultery is wrong.
- However, it has been held that the petitioner need not find it intolerable to live with the respondent because of his adultery.
- Recent storylines have even been promoting adultery and sexual activities.
- Remarriage as adultery: Paul regarded it as adultery for a divorced person to remarry if the spouse was still alive.
- She had left him during the period they held the licence, because of his adultery, but had returned to him.
- Hence, adultery was thought of as sinful for women since it was a violation of the man's property etc.
- He looks at his wife and his friend who he had so wrongfully accused of adultery 16 years ago.
- That is why we have laws against assault, but we do not have laws against adultery or premarital sex.
- It is not enough not to commit adultery; lustful thoughts must be set aside too.
- At the end of April 1536, Anne was accused of adultery with several men and incest with her brother George.
- Am I to gather from this that adultery and unfaithfulness are being condoned?
- I didn't think that adultery was considered a crime, not by common law.
- Among the seventeen great sins, unbelief is the greatest, more heinous than murder, theft, adultery and so on.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!