Learn English Grammar From A–Z
nounplural advance men
encargado de los preparativos y de inspeccionar el lugar para la visita de un personaje importante
- Of course, some advance men might foresee the possibility of bad weather in the Midwest in early November…
- It turns out that it was one of his advance men.
- The shopping trip was coordinated by one of the politician's advance men.
- The advance man would be followed a week later by a crew of four - including ‘Elliot Forbes’ and two ‘nurses’ - to actually manage the film during its run.
- We had - we had an advance man of mine, an Hispanic guy in the state - earlier primary state - I'm not going to tell you which one - who got stopped.
- I was there when he was doing his first original entry into politics, he was an advance man for his presidential campaign.
- An advance man suggested, ‘Maybe we ought to go to the reception for Leah Rabin.’
- And a young advance man beckoned to me, told me to get into his pickup truck, and said that someone wanted to see me.
- You have an advance man who attends every dinner who comes and tells you if there are any problems.
- You have an advance man on the ground making sure that everything is running smoothly.
- The trick isn't very difficult, and the magician - who's been in business for many decades, doesn't even do it very well - but he doesn't have to, because he has the believers already deceived by his advance men.
- At each stop Hart's advance men made sure of a reception by supporters and local news media, and the media never gave the lie to their pictures of the candidate surrounded by the enthusiastic crowd.
- Caterers, technicians and advance men were setting up an informal mix of a press conference and Texas style barbecue.
- During 1999 and early 2000, he worked as a volunteer advance man for more than a dozen of the politician's town hall meetings in New Hampshire and South Carolina.
- Now we cut to a party advance man being followed down the street by 3 cameras, being asked where the leader of the party is.
- I know it was attributed somehow to some ingenious advance man from staff.