Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(in the European Court of Justice)abogado general masculineabogada general feminine
- Last week, an advocate-general of the European Court of Justice said the commission was not mistaken in its findings.
- Apart from the judges, the Court is also assisted by eight advocates-general, whose qualifications for office are identical.
- The lawyers have to prepare their briefs and the advocate-general has to prepare his submissions.
- The ECJ is now composed of fifteen judges, as well as the nine advocates-general who deliver preliminary opinions.
- The court's judgement is not a final ruling, but it follows the opinion of the advocate-general in the majority of cases.