The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de esteticismo
- Balthus's paintings aim at a classical order and refined estheticism, yet within this timelessness lurk subliminal tensions.
- When I argue that your connoisseurship or aestheticism are suspect, it does not mean our field is in disarray.
- Work by these artists connects back to a world where the image had not yet been fed into the dialectical machinery of aestheticism.
- Wilde's remarkable essay exemplified the links between aestheticism and individualist socialism.
- Combining documentation with the aestheticism of abstract colour, the work transfigures even the drabbest residential blocks.
- Though not much stressed in the catalogue's writings, Dickinson's pronounced estheticism is key to his sensibility.
- Yet, in its disavowal of pure estheticism and visual idealization, Lee's work seems more American than Korean.
- These artists overcome conceptualism in the same way that the image overcomes aestheticism, or that ‘anthropology’ overcomes ‘theory.’
- In the spirit of romantic aestheticism, beauty in the natural environment was seen to inspire enlightenment through cultural expression.
- When aiming for this ideal, goodness does not mean aestheticism, nor does knighthood mean adultery.
- Yet he does see politically engaged art as a partial corrective to the bankrupt aestheticism of much mainstream art.
- When we are done, we will have a purer English, free of all nasty things like metaphor and simile and aestheticism and colour.
- A second side to aestheticism in painting was the recovery of classicism, but now in sensual or symbolic guise.
- There is, one might observe, truth in the aesthetic, but truth defined by the aesthetic easily descends into sickly aestheticism.
- One represents the aestheticism of the academy, the other the avant-garde faith in innovation and progression.
- Shanghai as China's first metropolis, nurtured a unique hybrid culture, combining Chinese with Westernized aestheticism.
- Elsewhere I have described this view as ‘rule aestheticism.’
- Modernism could tolerate neither Coleman's aestheticism nor his nostalgia.
- Such concerns are part of Forster's rehabilitation of certain aspects of aestheticism that he believes have ‘eternal importance’.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!