Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(false)(accent/manner/person) afectado(interest/grief) fingido
- The character is all Ivy-league pretensions and affected accent.
- I mean, if there's anything more affected than a fake accent, it's pretending you don't know you're doing it.
- Mercifully, they have more or less avoided the affected, fake English accents that plagued the sub-genre.
- It is simplicity in a pudding bowl, and the tradition of a final splash of whisky on top is neither an affected nor over-elaborate addition.
- But I'm afraid I detected a kind of affected pose in the presentation of the idea.
- Maybe it was an affected statesman-like pose for the television cameras.
- The accent and intonation were near perfect, and there was no sign of affected or artificial delivery.
- His concern that members will lose faith in liberal democracy is affected and false.
- What she actually offers is a load of manufactured pop songs, sung in a slightly affected posh voice.
- Everyone immediately went back to what they were doing in a rather false and affected way.
2(by disease, pollution, decision)(area/organ) afectadothe worst-/least-affected group — el grupo más/menos afectado
- People have been warned not to touch the water in affected areas.
- The crystals inside the joint cause intense pain whenever the affected area is moved.
- For all external uses, apply turmeric powder directly to the affected area every two hours, using a clean cloth.
- The affected area may feel hot and be sensitive to the touch.
- This is achieved by applying sustained external pressure to the affected lower extremity.
- The Admiral is also directing buses to the affected areas to help us move our people out.
- Using a lotion on the affected area will help the skin soften and lighten up.
- If the affected area becomes red, warm, or tender to the touch, notify your child's doctor.
- Whether you live in the affected area or not is irrelevant.
- Soon the affected area was hit by a severe drought.
- The United Nations is saying that 20 per cent of affected areas are yet to be assessed by any aid teams.
- The authorities had blocked huge areas around the affected Tube stations.
- We're coordinating with local parish officials in the affected areas to provide whatever logistical help we can.
- Many of them have very personal connections to the affected area.
- And we're working to assist the school districts that have taken in students from the affected areas.
- The situation in all of the affected areas remains very dangerous.
- A lot of the affected areas are driven by tourism.
- This problem was anticipated in the affected areas.
- The patient's cervical spine is placed in extension and the head rotated toward the affected shoulder.
- This bill does go some way towards assisting the affected farmers.