Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Girls feel enhanced by continuous social affirmation while boys feel diminished.
- The girl was silent for a moment, then she nodded, grunting in affirmation.
- The nun's words were punctuated silently by her sisters' nods of affirmation.
- Leigh nodded in affirmation and made his way back to the car.
- Trying to bring her own emotions back under control, she nodded her head in affirmation.
- The other guard nodded in affirmation and began to head down towards the bathroom.
- He looked inquisitively at his future sister-in-law and she nodded in affirmation.
- The officers nodded in affirmation and pulled out their guns.
- It has also been a period of greater affirmation of human consciousness.
- They did this in various ways, an example being the investment in university education and the social affirmation that went with it.
- Each person is seen as trapped within his or her own private bubble, in constant need of affirmation and recognition.
- The constant affirmation throughout the play is keeping the lines of communication open.
- I guess I need to make some sort of affirmation to myself.
- I think the point is that the youth is in a situation in which the symbols of courage and affirmation have inevitably become twisted.
- What might seem like skepticism ends up as affirmation because of the poet's commitment to honesty.
- For them, Birthright was a powerful, emotional affirmation of everything they already believed.
- An enormous impetus behind this interest was the kind of parental affirmation that it received.
- Friends usually do have something to gain from each other, be it companionship or affirmation of existence.
- Human life should be a search for meaning, but meaning only comes through affirmation.
- The most difficult young people are often the most damaged young people, the most in need of affirmation and support and love.
- Perhaps we might also ask whether he will take an oath or make an affirmation in respect of those matters of fact which he is going to put before us.
- This was treated by both sides as a direction that affidavits or affirmations were to be evidence at this trial, even though the deponents did not attend for cross-examination.
- Magistrates upon appointment take oaths or make affirmations in the same form as Justices of this Court and the members of other federal courts.
- This is what he said we must do: ‘We need to make our agenda clear in a review of the oaths and affirmations.’
- Are you prepared to take the oath, or will you make an affirmation?