The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1postimagen femenino técnico
- They could also be after-images, hypnagogic imagery, or memory images with subliminal material that was not veridical.
- But after-images (of complementary colour and brightness) can be caused by staring intently at any pattern of high contrast.
- Yet the image of the landscape lingered in his eyes, an after-image caused by the brilliant bolt of energy.
- Such complementary colours produce the greatest reciprocal enhancement by simultaneous contrast when juxtaposed; also when negative after-images are produced, these will be of the colour complementary to that which produces them.
- In low light, they create after-images, just like stained glass.
- Tate has acquired this smaller installation, two curved rooms where changing coloured lights exploit the effect of retinal after-images.
- Move the eye to the left of the canvas after focusing on the stripes and after-images appear.
- But if you squint, or view the design at a distance, it morphs in the mind's eye into a much more conservative composition, very much the after-image of its symmetrical Central Park West forebears.
- ‘After spending that day just staring at the space where the buildings were, it was as if there was an after-image imprinted on your retina, and there's something of that in the towers of light,’ he said.
- We only get brief pulses of memories, like a flash bulb going off in your face, leaving the after-image lingering onscreen for a few seconds.
- If you stare at a bright colour for a time and then look at a white surface, you will see an after-image, which will be the subtractive complement.
- Blooming out fogs the screen by producing a temporary after-image.
- I stared at it long after it had vanished, the after-image imprinted on my retina.
- Focus on the after-image of the light, without moving your head, until it completely vanishes.
- I looked up, and at each flash of lightning, an after-image of a bird was left.
- When I stand up, that after-image remains fixed in my visual field.
- The blaze began to die down, the flames diminished until all that was left was the dull reddish after-image.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!