The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of postre
1postre masculinewhat's for afters? — ¿qué hay de postre?
- We had roast potatoes and cauliflower and then something like apple tart with custard for afters.
- All the meat is free range and the coffee, tea and chocolate are all organic and fair trade, so you can just about justify tucking into the calorie-crazed sticky toffee pudding for afters.
- To get the best out of this strange place you should really have a Mexican starter and a Polish Main course with maybe a mixture of Polish and Mexican puddings for afters.
- When you were little did your mum used to send you to the ice cream van with a big bowl, to have it filled up with ice-cream for afters?
- There are even a couple of creamy comforting Iberian desserts for afters.
- It was lovely and the carvery was great, as was the minty ice-cream for afters!
- I was going to prepare just a simple Lamb Roast Dinner with an apple pie for afters.
- Other afters included caramelised homemade brioche, banana tatin with a rum crème brulée and orange and muscat jelly with dark chocolate ice cream.
- There was nice china and silver cutlery, with apple pie and cream for afters.
- Back on the Orient Express, it is guinea fowl en croute with champagne jelly for afters.
- For afters I couldn't resist the sticky toffee pudding while my guest sampled three flavours of ice cream.
- Dinner was sausage and beans with coffee and a mousse for afters.
- The private detective arrived as they were trying to decide whether to have ice cream or cake for afters.
- After a rather substantial evening meal consisting of home made meat pie with all the trimmings and trifle for afters, we got ourselves prepared for the trick or treaters.
- We'll make a special meal too, including our famous condensed-milk and lemon pie for afters.
- However included in this is a cold mineral drink, tea or coffee and two delicious profiteroles carved as swans for afters.
- Lunch, or dinner as it was called, consisted of soups, pasties or sandwiches, vegetables, and some sort of pastry for afters.
- But a quick look around the neighbouring tables convinced me that next time I visit I will leave space for afters.
- She roasts a chicken, or a piece of pork, makes a salad, possibly does something with rhubarb and lots of cream for afters.
- The reception was held in a marquee and a further 200 arrived for the afters, making it one of the biggest weddings seen for sometime.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!