The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Silica precipitated from aqueous solution at low temperatures gives cryptocrystalline varieties such as opal, jasper, chalcedony, agate, carnelian, onyx, flint, and chert.
- Slowest-forming and most beautiful of all, huge crystals of amethyst, agate, chalcedony and rock crystal grow where condensed water has managed to seep into naturally insulated rock crevices.
- My necklaces are made mainly of semiprecious stones, such as agate, quartz, amber, rock crystal and jade.
- A well-known locality for agate or chalcedony nodules in rhyolite (thunder eggs) is near the Twin Mountains, northwest of Del Norte in Saguache County.
- In fact, seventeen of the fifty-seven sites are specifically listed for agate, chalcedony, chert, jasper, or petrified wood.
- Fanciful miniature fruits and leaves interpreted in carnelian, agate, onyx and rock crystal are skillfully fashioned into opulent bracelets and chains.
- Stones and metals fall under the rulership of planets, not signs, but through its association with Mercury, Virgo is often linked with agate, sardonyx and stones of diverse colours.
- The set sounds very beautiful, with the board made from ebony that was probably imported from India, and playing pieces made from locally quarried agate and turquoise stone.
- It is also important to consider that at that time there were masters of the technique of working with jasper, agate, and other industrial stones in Russia.
- Early cameos are carved from hardstones such as onyx, sardonyx, or agate, while later a number of less expensive substances were used that were also easier to carve.
- As with top-quality Brazilian agate, uncut Botswana agate is difficult to obtain because rough material is sold for the production of beads, jewelry, and souvenirs.
- To achieve the reflective gleam of solid gold which is the aim of water gilding it needs to be burnished by rubbing the surface with a burnisher, usually a hard polished stone such as haematite or agate mounted in a wooden handle.
- Many ideas have been proposed for the development of chalcedony and the banding in agate.
- The raw materials of these tools were pottery, porcelain, copper, iron, lacquer, wood, bamboo, stone, jade, jadeite, agate and coral.
- There are semi-precious stones like jasper and agate, inlaid on the top.
- For most large deposits of agate or silicified wood, silica was derived from the decomposition of volcanic rocks.
- With a technique called Parchin Kari, inlaid gemstones of lapis lazuli, agate, and garnet were selected for their variations in tone, giving the resulting flowers an illusion of depth.
- I glanced at my agate stone and then back at the policeman.
- The depictions of birds and flowers were executed in precious materials including lapis lazuli, agate, Sicilian red and green jasper, chalcedony, amethyst and quartz as well as superb hard stones.
- Attractive gemstone paintings, which use garnet, turquoise, yellow agate and red jasper, from Agra catch the attention of visitors.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!