The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
persona encargada del consultorio sentimental de una revista, programa radiofónico etc
- As well as her frequent TV appearances, she writes an agony aunt column in a broadsheet newspaper.
- Once again, our resident agony aunt answers your questions on those embarrassing personal problems that can only be solved by having them published in the national press.
- Hovering elsewhere is the figure of the agony aunt, Aunty Emang, a newspaper sage ‘so popular that she was viewed as something of a national institution’.
- Of course we know that Virginia Ironside became a hugely successful journalist and agony aunt but it's the moving memoir of her mother that adds the label of successful author to her name.
- Former agony aunt Claire Rayner, pictured, who is president of the Patients' Association, a national voluntary organisation which campaigns for the rights of patients and better health services, was the keynote speaker.
- He functions as an agony aunt for his readers' ethical dilemmas: as a postman, may I throw away junk mail?
- The former agony aunt added: ‘I find it repellent, and no patient of any sense is going to fall for it.’
- I well remember, in my first job on a magazine, regular visits from the police - they knew a miserable, missing teenager was more than likely to have sought help from our agony aunt.
- Suzie Hayman is a Relate-trained counsellor, a broadcaster and author of 18 books, plus she's been a national agony aunt for 15 years.
- She's currently working as an agony aunt for the Liechtenstein Mail & Herald.
- One thing an agony aunt often longs to say is ‘Mind your own business.’
- Prudie is my favourite agony aunt at the moment.
- Using her experience as an agony aunt, her latest book, Love Coach, offers practical solutions on coping with turbulent times.
- They will tell me their problems and I am like an agony aunt.
- Bearing steaming mugs, she returns doing a neat impersonation of an agony aunt, asking how long I've been married.
- She worked running an advice column in her local paper; she was the agony aunt for the local people.
- So what I'm asking all you agony aunts is: should I just ignore my automatic reaction and "go with the flow"?
- The letters are answered by a well-known journalist who has become an agony aunt.
- Every newspaper agony aunt has been on double-time producing guides to surviving seasonal stress.
- While we don't think she should take up an agony aunt column any time soon, her advice wasn't the worst in the world.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!