Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1consultorio (sentimental) masculine
- I never thought I would ever end up writing to an agony column for advice, but here I am doing just that.
- Well I suppose they don't need to write in to an agony column.
- He was a pioneer composer in Hollywood briefly, but he soon spent much of his time on newspaper work, including an agony column.
- You're no honorary spinster, you're a gay divorcée, and unless you've never read an agony column in your life you'll know what I'm going to say next.
- Anna Pavord writes a kinda gardening / agony column in the Independent each week, where she advises garden-owners on how to improve their plots.
- I am writing to object, in the strongest possible terms, to the firing of the luminously talented writer from your agony column.
- Peter Briffa has sympathy for the subject of this Guardian agony column, entitled ‘My husband spends all his free time on his computer and won't tell me why.
- There's a mini-industry of PC magazines and agony columns devoted to repairing computer problems that should never have been allowed to happen in the first place.
- These work just like traditional agony columns, but questioners receive advice based on their own unique natal chart rather than just general advice.
- We have had 30 years of free sex health education in our schools and, as anyone who takes a cursory look at any teenage magazine will know, sexual activity is a core ingredient of articles, letter pages, agony columns, features and stories.
- From her childhood in Stepney, her successful career as a nurse to the beginnings of her agony columns in 1963, it's about time that we learned a little bit more about the woman who has listened to everyone else's problems most of her life.
- The sports pages have been transformed into agony columns.
- That was in the days when Woman's Own and Woman's Realm seldom mentioned sex, even in the agony columns.
- It appeals to readers from 16 to 65 years, carrying a range of articles - lifestyle, cooking, sport, beauty, fashion, agony columns, money and legal Q&As - geared at both males and females.
- Working under a strain and writing to agony columns won't take you through life, that's for sure.
- Sherlock Holmes put down the Daily Gazette where he had been perusing the agony column, his daily ritual, and retrieved a letter from his coat pocket.
- This string of intimate messages, popularly known as the Agony Column, has long been an honored institution in the English press.
- I read nothing except the criminal news and the agony column.
- "The agony column" is a flippant reference to personal ads, in which all sorts of human dramas were acted out.
- You might also place a small inquiry in the Agony Column of some of the local newspapers. but since we do not consult the columns regularly, we might miss that.