The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1consultorio (sentimental) masculine
- I never thought I would ever end up writing to an agony column for advice, but here I am doing just that.
- Well I suppose they don't need to write in to an agony column.
- He was a pioneer composer in Hollywood briefly, but he soon spent much of his time on newspaper work, including an agony column.
- You're no honorary spinster, you're a gay divorcée, and unless you've never read an agony column in your life you'll know what I'm going to say next.
- Anna Pavord writes a kinda gardening / agony column in the Independent each week, where she advises garden-owners on how to improve their plots.
- I am writing to object, in the strongest possible terms, to the firing of the luminously talented writer from your agony column.
- Peter Briffa has sympathy for the subject of this Guardian agony column, entitled ‘My husband spends all his free time on his computer and won't tell me why.
- There's a mini-industry of PC magazines and agony columns devoted to repairing computer problems that should never have been allowed to happen in the first place.
- These work just like traditional agony columns, but questioners receive advice based on their own unique natal chart rather than just general advice.
- We have had 30 years of free sex health education in our schools and, as anyone who takes a cursory look at any teenage magazine will know, sexual activity is a core ingredient of articles, letter pages, agony columns, features and stories.
- From her childhood in Stepney, her successful career as a nurse to the beginnings of her agony columns in 1963, it's about time that we learned a little bit more about the woman who has listened to everyone else's problems most of her life.
- The sports pages have been transformed into agony columns.
- That was in the days when Woman's Own and Woman's Realm seldom mentioned sex, even in the agony columns.
- It appeals to readers from 16 to 65 years, carrying a range of articles - lifestyle, cooking, sport, beauty, fashion, agony columns, money and legal Q&As - geared at both males and females.
- Working under a strain and writing to agony columns won't take you through life, that's for sure.
- Sherlock Holmes put down the Daily Gazette where he had been perusing the agony column, his daily ritual, and retrieved a letter from his coat pocket.
- This string of intimate messages, popularly known as the Agony Column, has long been an honored institution in the English press.
- I read nothing except the criminal news and the agony column.
- "The agony column" is a flippant reference to personal ads, in which all sorts of human dramas were acted out.
- You might also place a small inquiry in the Agony Column of some of the local newspapers. but since we do not consult the columns regularly, we might miss that.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!