The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1brigadier general masculine Latin Americateniente general (CAS) masculine Spain
- The ranks of air vice-marshal (rear admiral or major general), air marshal (vice admiral or lieutenant general), and air chief marshal (admiral or general) were introduced.
- In January 1944 he became Commander-in-Chief RAF Middle East and the following February took up the post of air Commander-in-Chief for South-East Asia Command with the rank of acting air chief marshal.
- As an air chief marshal - a rank equivalent to a general in the army and an admiral in the navy - he rose right to the top of the RAF command structure, outranked only by his boss, the Marshal of the Royal Air Force.
- He was recently announced as the next Chief of Defence Force, a position he will take up on July 4, on promotion to air chief marshal.
- The families are now bracing themselves for a result, as convinced of their cause as the air chief marshal is of his.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!