Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(in UK)general de división masculine, feminine(en Chile, Colombia) mayor general masculine, feminine(en Argentina) brigadier mayor masculine, feminine(en Uruguay) teniente general masculine, feminine
- The ranks of air vice-marshal (rear admiral or major general), air marshal (vice admiral or lieutenant general), and air chief marshal (admiral or general) were introduced.
- GRS contribution increases range from about an extra $7 per week for a corporal and below up to $21 per week for an air vice-marshal.
- For those not really inclined to wear the stripes of an air vice-marshal, the computer does a pretty reasonable job of controlling the higher-level activities and allows the player to strap in to fly and fight.
- By 1938 he was an air vice-marshal commanding No. 12 Fighter Group which, during the battle of Britain, defended the Midlands.
- He was promoted to air vice-marshal in 2000 as Head Strategic Command.
- He tried to say that the air vice-marshal sitting over there in the Stout Street defence headquarters is giving those personnel their orders day by day.