Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- She was well known as an airwoman in the early days of flying and in 1930 was created a dame of the British empire for her services to aviation.
- Mail addressed to "Miss Amy Johnson, Famous Airwoman" arrived at the right house.
- The study would also put the Yorkshire-born pioneer airwoman, the first woman to fly alone to Australia from England, in the unlikely class of more subdued people.
- Amelia Earhart, 36-year-old American airwoman and the first woman to fly the Atlantic, landed here at 1:30 this afternoon.
- An American airwoman becomes the first woman to fly faster than the speed of sound.
- Storms over the Pacific today forced America's premier airwoman to abandon her plan to start on her 27,000-mile round-the-world flight.
- The 36-year-old American airwoman has landed after completing a solo flight of 2,300 miles across the Pacific from Honolulu.