Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(with) arms akimbo — con los brazos en jarras
- She briefly imagined his pose: arms akimbo, hips jutting outward in impatience, thick black brows lowered ominously over angry eyes, mouth set in disapproval.
- From these imperatives spring the iconographies and situations that animate this suite: the large sitting figure, the figure standing with its arms akimbo, the man lost in a downpour.
- One client told me that when he asked whether he had been breast-fed, his mother, arms akimbo, warned him off with a glare.
- She acts by striding about, arms akimbo to suggest self-confidence.
- The Indian sentries take positions on either sides of the gates and stand arms akimbo, as if they are ready to indulge in a bout of some eastern martial art.
- I don't run around doing shots of him with arms akimbo in a cross-like formation.
- They are departing now, strutting their pumped up physiques with arms akimbo.
- Tavisome - arms akimbo, head slightly cocked, probing look on her face - looks me over thoroughly.
- Circumstance evidently is ganging up on Ganguly, but fortunately the Indian captain hasn't met a fight he doesn't like. He might stand arms akimbo, scowl etched on face, but adversity stirs something in him.
- She cleared her final boulder and stood on top of it with arms akimbo trying to catch her breath.
- Have I ever told you that you are adorable with arms akimbo?
- She just stands there, arms akimbo, with a cockeyed grin and hair in her eyes.
- Lee makes her way over to Carl still prone on the dusty floor, grins at him and offers her hand while Xanne plants herself firmly near his face, arms akimbo, and glares menacingly down at him.
- he ordered zealously and she put her arms akimbo.
- I stood there, arms akimbo, and glowered at him.
- The woman regarded her suspiciously, arms akimbo.
- Right then, Joni stood there with her arms akimbo.
- Arms akimbo, Jackie looked down at her with contempt.
- The silvery figure stood in front of him, arms akimbo.
- They stand opposite each other, arms akimbo, for a while.