Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(with masculine article in the singular) alba feminine
- He was fully vested, with a blue brocade chasuble over his white alb.
- It seems that all celebrants came from the same place, wearing the same white albs, the same colored stoles, and performed almost the same gestures.
- I begin to have visions of the vest bulging awkwardly beneath my white alb.
- The alb was a long white tunic reaching to the ankles and with long sleeves, made from white linen or wool.
- The float was preceded by hundreds of priests fully vested as for mass in albs and chasubles.