Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(egg white)clara (de huevo) feminine
- The suite of maternal proteins in the crude albumen creates complex banding patterns, with high probability of differences between females.
- The negative charge repels plasma proteins, including albumen, so they are not filtered but remain in the blood.
- Protein was determined by the method of Bradford using bovine serum albumen as the standard protein.
- In addition, amino-acid makeup of protein in albumen and yolk of young females' eggs was similar to that in early laid eggs.
- Loss of albumen and proteins, either from uncontrolled glomerular filtration, or from ineffective reabsorption, prevents establishment of normal capillary osmotic pressure.
- The Victorians were agog to read William Mattieu Williams's Chemistry of Food, which went through four editions covering things like albumen, gelatine, casein and the cookery of vegetables.
- Kistler later prepared aerogels from many other materials, including alumina, tungsten oxide, ferric oxide, tin oxide, nickel tartarate, cellulose, cellulose nitrate, gelatin, agar, egg albumen, and rubber.
- The study of food science advanced during the 19th century with the discovery of proteins, then known as albumen, in fluid extracted from meat.
- The bones contribute albumen and collagen which convert to gelatine and give a good stew its gravitas.
- In addition, the amino acid composition of protein in the yolk and albumen of six young females' eggs was similar to that in early laid eggs.
- In particular, loss of water from albumen through boiling, and from albumen and yolk through freezing, will cause protein and lipid to be concentrated in the sample that remains.
- Our data also indicate that, as in other birds, the amino acid composition of protein in the yolk and albumen of Thick-billed Murre eggs is generally similar.
- During a 20 hour passage down the oviduct, the egg becomes surrounded by albumen (egg white), the shell membranes, and the shell.
- All the waste products end up here and are made into fertilizer, gelatin, albumen, glue, etc.
- Take a quantity of albumen [egg white] and mix thoroughly with the soot.
- Crab braised in rice wine in a sauce thickened with more albumen tasted as though it had been cooked in sea water.
- The albumen contains much of the water and protein that the developing chick will need.
- CHEF'S SECRET Don't season the eggs before you cook them, because salt breaks down the albumen in the egg white and thins the mixture, giving a less satisfactory result
- The proteins move at different speeds; albumen fastest, then alpha 1, alpha 2, beta and then gamma.
- Add salt and a little lemon juice and the albumen will trap the air as you whisk, doubling in volume.