Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(in US)concejala feminine
- The neighborhood's alderwoman says she hopes to hold a community meeting in October where residents can weigh their options.
- The alderwoman maintained her neutrality at a subsequent meeting with the neighbors.
- The defeated alderwoman's husband is running for the Liberals here and the incumbent was temporarily investigated.
- She pledged to bring to the state Senate the same accessible style she has shown as an alderwoman.
- The head of the Little League group contacted an alderwoman and expected her support.
- The alderwoman was speaking not in a spirit of complaint, but rather with an impassioned voice of the necessity of participation in the life of the community if the community is going to thrive.
- An alderwoman described the leader of the failed attempt to construct a baseball field as someone who is 'politically ignorant and has no clout'.
- The Board of Aldermen's Finance Committee will review a contract for automated trash collection, which could save the city $2.5 million over the next five years according to an alderwoman.
- A former city alderwoman who voted against razing the middle school said she continues to be concerned about the project's price tag.
- Critics have included members of the African-American community, including a prominent minister and a former alderwoman who say the mayor has made no effort to improve diversity in key positions.