Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Liquid bleach used in the laundry is an alkaline solution of hypochlorite ion.
- The wood chips are placed in the digester and are cooked in a highly corrosive alkaline solution.
- The precipitate is then treated with acetic acid and an alkaline material.
- Values between 7 and 14 are found in basic or alkaline solutions such as caustic or washing soda.
- This process requires soil aeration and a neutral or alkaline soil environment.
- So the demineralization seems to have been in a slightly alkaline solution, not acid.
- As the soil solution becomes more alkaline availability increases.
- The primary active ingredients are aluminum salts such as alkaline aluminum chloride.
- The alkaline properties of bicarbonate of soda can also be used to soften the skins of beans and other pulses.
- Boxwoods prefer slightly acid to slightly alkaline soil and do very well when planted in early fall.
- In addition to being acid and alkaline, soil can also be sandy or clay.
- Soluble acid invertase and alkaline invertase were assayed as described previously with some modifications.
- This liquid should be an alkaline chemical solution with a PH of more than 7.
- They may be seen as intermediate between primary alkaline manganese cells and rechargeable Ni-Cd cells.
- On the valley floor, freshwater and alkaline soda lakes support a staggering array of birdlife.
- Some alkaline solutions may neutralise it but it will play havoc with the base salts.
- Manganese deficiency is a common disorder on alkaline soils while its toxicity normally only occurs on strongly acid soils.
- They contain a non-toxic alkaline emulsifying chemical which has an immediate cooling effect on the oil.
- If these alkaline solutions don't remove all the oil, you can try a solvent.
- Decontamination includes washing the skin with alkaline soap and then ethanol.