Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- By 1987 the Tories were all-powerful, and people were speculating Labour would never hold power again.
- As for the constitutional argument, the assumption seems to be that the principle of legislative supremacy is all-powerful.
- It seems to me that this presents a very wimpy view of what is supposed to be an omnipotent, all-powerful deity.
- I do not think there are any good evidential or other reasons for belief in a supreme deity, much less a benign and all-powerful one.
- Democratic but not liberal, it had a constitutionally all-powerful president with limited effective power.
- He had the opportunity to take the chairmanship of the all-powerful Urban Strategy and Governance committee.
- If the world really is controlled by a hidden all-powerful force of politicians and oil men, what chance have we got of changing things for the better?
- Superman is the all-powerful being whose only weakness is kryptonite.
- In Lee's dystopian vision of the world of entertainment, television is all-powerful and all-corrupting.
- He has been denied his crown and denounced by the all-powerful Roman Empire and when he finds a state to grant him refuge, Rome threatens war.
- If she was so all-powerful, all-knowing, then how come her duties seemed to consist of serving the drinks?
- How else can you describe an all-powerful king who goes so far as to let his creation choose whether to obey him or not?
- Any weakening in the all-powerful US economy could have a nasty flow-on effect.
- Ruse sticks to the New Testament view of God as ‘an all-powerful creator who acts out of pure love’.
- So that means that for five of the last eight years, all-powerful, unelected leaders have ruled over us.
- Accessible, emotive, the ultimate conveyor or distorter of truth, the photograph is all-powerful.
- I mean, those things were not too hard for a magical all-powerful guy like you to conjure up.
- To a believer, God is all-powerful and the ultimate owner of the heavens and earth.
- Eventually, our turn came around, and Ciaran and I were presented with the all-powerful microphone.
- The all-powerful mill owners were forced to grudgingly accept that their workers were entitled to an annual holiday.