Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1pimienta de Jamaica feminine
- While working on the dates, I boiled down the wine with honey and spices - whole black peppercorns, allspice, clove, cinnamon, and a bay leaf, along with grated zest of orange.
- For the curry oil, in a medium bowl, mix together the cinnamon turmeric, cardamom, cayenne pepper, allspice, white pepper, and cloves.
- Spices - cumin, allspice, cinnamon, and cloves - are used sparingly but more prominently in the south of the Aegean, where Arab influence has left its mark, particularly in Crete and the Dodecanese.
- Deeply fragrant, it usually contains cardamom, coriander, allspice, cayenne, ginger, cloves and nutmeg, and invariably, dried rose petals.
- Serve it with fine green beans cooked in a tomatoey sauce flavoured with garlic and a pinch of ground cinnamon and allspice, or with a cooling salad of tomato, cucumber and mint.
- In a spice grinder, combine the whole black pepper, white peppercorns, and allspice.
- Combine oil, oregano, allspice, cumin, cloves and garlic in a large bowl.
- The fact that savory sorts of spices - cardamom, cinnamon, allspice or nutmeg - have taken on sweet rather than savory connotations is hopeful.
- For the Madras curry mixture: In saute pan over medium-high heat, toast coriander, bay leaf, cumin and allspice until fragrant.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, water, Thai chili, allspice, coriander seeds, cilantro, salt, and Thai long red pepper.
- The highly aromatic mix may include nutmeg, rosebuds, turmeric, allspice, gingerroot, lavender, and aniseed, though the mix is as varied as the taste of the cook.
- The quinces were favored with the addition of sugar, spices (such as allspice or cinnamon) and a drop of apple cider vinegar.
- Butternut-squash soup, a bistro staple, benefits from freshly ground nutmeg and allspice and a spiral of pumpkinseed oil.
- Colin Spencer makes a lighter, spicier version, with garlic, allspice, balsamic vinegar and apple, a tart Bramley if possible, as the main flavourings.
- When you use less sugar, add spices such as cinnamon, cloves, allspice and nutmeg or flavorings such as vanilla extract or almond flavoring to enhance the sweetness of the food.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, almonds, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and wine.
- To make the marinade, lightly crush the coriander, allspice and chilli using a pestle and mortar.
- The fish is seasoned with salt and a few twists of a mill containing peppercorns and allspice berries.
- This potato and chickpea paste is rolled out like dough and filled with sauteed onion, pinenuts, currants, allspice, and tahini.
- Spices such as pimento or allspice, ginger, and peppers are used commonly in a number of dishes.