The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de alusión
1alusión femeninoallusion to sth — alusión a algo
- We are a people of messages and signals, of allusions and indirect expression.
- It is the allusions and references that lend charm to this art form.
- It's interesting to see how many references or allusions to these festivals remain in contemporary Britain.
- None of Arrino's vague references or allusions had prepared me for what she was saying.
- The infancy stories in Matthew contain quotations and more indirect allusions to the Moses birth story.
- This paper focuses on references and allusions to the Prophet in this treatise.
- JK Rowling is herself a one-time classics student, and her books are littered with classical allusions.
- While I can often see these allusions in classical music now, at the time I must confess to being completely nonplussed.
- He makes allusions to poetry, classical music and protest culture.
- Neither the handiwork nor the Classical allusions are readily apparent in her new paintings.
- The classical allusions everywhere at work in Versailles would require an educated audience to appreciate them.
- His portraits already included classical allusions which gained him many patrons among the grand tourist gentry.
- It was difficult to avoid getting caught up explicating all the biblical allusions in the alphabet.
- Stuffed with obscure allusions and historical minutia, his novels are not the type you take to the beach.
- Those who were too young to follow the mythical allusions simply enjoyed the whimsical visuals and infectious music.
- The recording was full of contemporary and historical allusions, as is the training manual.
- The allusions to a few recent works of sympathetic labor history in this piece are a genuine consolation.
- Now these antique allusions add a rarified, elegant seasoning to the work.
- This is a new collection which gives background information for over 20,000 phrases and allusions in English.
- In places, the allusions to the entire pantheon of comic-book superheroes is overwhelming.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!