The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(intimate friend)(man) amigo íntimo masculino(woman) amiga íntima femenino
- So he wants someone to love, and he's invited all his friends and/or alter egos to sing with him…haven't we heard this before?
- He was my father, my mentor, my alter ego, my irreplaceable best friend.
2(other self)alter ego masculinootro yo masculino
- The work also has affinities with Rodney Graham's filmic, psychological explorations of the self, in which the artist assumes various personae or alter egos.
- He had become a poet of alter egos, personae such as ‘Mathios Paskalis’ and ‘Stratis the Seafarer.’
- David Bowie has been recording popular music for well over 35 years, gaining initial notoriety for his multiple personalities and alter egos after ‘A Space Oddity.’
- Avatars, or alter egos that people create for on-line games or singles spaces, would no doubt confirm his beliefs about the self-seduction of the masses by simulations.
- Now when the team sinks without trace you start to wonder about alter egos and bipolar personalities.
- A psychiatrist advised the police that there was no generally accepted psychiatric disease which would permit a person to blame an alter ego.
- As it turns out, Dr. Jekyll has invented a chemical formula that can turn a person into his alter ego.
- Was this person Mandy's alter ego, a woman they never knew?
- Many times one gets the impression he would rather live life as his schizoid alter ego, a sulky, moody 12-year-old trapped in a man's body.
- Cooper says he wanted to see if people's real lives were echoed in their digital alter egos in role-playing environments.
- It's the first try to get the message over that Dracula was a real person and in no way less brutal than his fictional alter ego.
- Quality leather and period clothing is required, as is a unique registered Cowboy Action name to match your cowboy alter ego.
- He excels when playing the unselfish alter ego of his actual character as he tries to win back the heart of his lost love through familiar romantic gestures of old.
- This second figure suggests an alter ego who is critical of the housewife's servile predicament.
- It seems, then, that there is uncertainty from the start as to whether the apparently original self or its alter ego is the double in question.
- Jekyll ends up unleashing the worst of his personality and physically transforms into his evil alter ego, Mr Hyde.
- I rejected the idea of using my alter ego film character for the interview, after all he never sold any of my films - why have him screw up the interview?
- Pee-Wee was an instant hit, and became something of an alter ego for Reubens - there was no separating the character and the man behind it.
- Princess Ai is a great character because she feels like my alter ego, but in a fantasy setting.
- Valen's counterfeit mutated into a destructive alter ego that was usually kept safely secluded in the subconscious.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!