Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(female singer)contralto feminine
- As the main emphasis of the courses lies in the choir made up of all participants, space is limited to approximately twenty sopranos, twelve altos and counter-tenors, and sixteen basses.
- The society is currently looking for tenors basses, altos and sopranos to join the adult choir.
- She was an alto trying to sing soprano and missing.
- I'm an alto, but people keep making me sing soprano.
- A lot of people have said that we do have similar singing voices, although in fact I'm a mezzo soprano and Sandy is an alto.
2(male singer)contratenor masculinealto masculine