Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- I also dug the amaryllis, which I plant out each summer after their winter show.
- The two easiest bulbs to force are paper-white narcissus and amaryllis.
- Cheryl Howie of Iowa keeps her amaryllis standing straight with a unique plant stake she made out of a Frisbee and a few wooden dowels.
- Fertilize amaryllis regularly during the growth cycle starting one month after planting (when active growth is underway).
- Many amaryllis bulbs sold in autumn are (botanically speaking) hippeastrum bulbs.
- Butterfly amaryllis and other species do not require a dormancy period.
- The amaryllis is ideal for people who have little time or inclination to spend on high-maintenance flowers and plants.
- Potted amaryllis that flowered at Christmas may bloom again the following holiday season if you take a few steps to program the flowering.
- Many southern gardens don't have tulips, forsythia or daffodils, but instead have guava, pineapple and amaryllis.
- Plant amaryllis bulbs in containers early this month for Thanksgiving bloom or in late October for Christmas bloom.
- Dasan took his time to makes memorials for all his people, 500 crosses with an amaryllis flower tied to it.
- Potted amaryllis bulbs top-dressed with moss make welcome gifts.
- Combine the pleasures of both with holiday red amaryllis and pristine white tulips and fragrant hyacinths.
- Saillen said he is struck by the beauty of strong, vibrant flowers, like amaryllis, banana flowers and birds of paradise.
- Some bulbs, such as amaryllis and paperwhites, can readily be brought into flower in time for the winter holidays if you start about five or six weeks in advance.
- The plant is another South African native and is related to amaryllis.
- For my home, I would just go for something simple, like a nice vase of tulips or amaryllis.
- The large-flowered amaryllis we're used to seeing at this time of year carry huge blossoms - 8 and even 10 inches across.
- For amaryllis, allow the bulbs to dry out from mid-August through mid-November, then water and feed to promote bloom.
- Take time for some indoor gardening activities with your children, such as preparing your favorite amaryllis bulbs - kids will marvel at how quickly the plants develop.