The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de amerindio
1amerindiode los indios americanos
- Students turn their attention to the study of American Indian tribes, including the Hopi, Navajo, Apache and others.
- Until about 20 years ago, the Navajo language was one of the most resilient American Indian languages in modern U.S. history.
- As with other American Indian languages and cultures, those of the Navajos have undergone and continue to undergo tremendous changes.
- The exhibition is comprised of more than four hundred objects - mostly paintings - but also American Indian objects once owned by the artist.
- Thus, a basic spiritualism and an African-based religious foundation merged in creating and popularizing the use of American Indian imagery.
- The figures and shelter at the left acknowledge the persistence of American Indian communities in California despite the devastating impact of the gold rush.
- The program fosters interaction and supports productive scholarly activities with American Indian communities throughout the country.
- Understanding cultural differences and promoting multicultural programs could help retain many American Indian students, she said.
- Nevertheless, outwardly at least, Zitkala-Sa was a model product of nineteenth-century American Indian education.
- The beaded bags created from about 1900 to 1940 are among the most visually interesting examples of American Indian beadwork.
- The result is an engaging, if contrary, diatribe that should be of interest to students of American Indian communities and to students of photography.
- The shape of the vessel suggests American Indian pottery or other archaic forms for which the glazing technique may have seemed especially appropriate.
- And there is a severe shortage of American Indian psychologists and other mental health professionals available to meet those needs.
- Another case in point can be found in the North American Indian language Kiowa.
- In 1986 the Pope gathered together representatives of all faiths including a North American Indian shaman for a meeting in the Italian town of Assisi.
- Many dishes are a delicate combination of South American Indian, Spanish, and African ingredients and cooking traditions.
- Their faces are covered with feathered masks similar to North American Indian headdresses.
- Aboriginal markings and South American Indian body art are amongst some of the sources that provide students with a multicultural reservoir of ideas.
- A short time later Ripley was seen to get into his pick-up truck bearing a distinctive Native American Indian emblem and used for transporting broken-down coaches.
1indio americano masculinoindia americana femeninoamerindio masculinoamerindia femenino
- But the chart toppers were not alone as punks, a mechanic and a North American Indian took to the streets of Whitworth to raise money for eight-year-old Rose.
- This is the third installment in a trilogy of works by the native theatre company that examines what it means to be North American Indian in the 21st century.
- I have a Hebrew last name even though I am not Jewish, but North American Indian.
- This art of communication was developed by a Nepalese woman named Kwan and a South American Indian named Hatamo, who spent many years travelling and teaching.
- Morales is, importantly, the first South American Indian to lead a government in the continent.
- Catlin is justly famous for his paintings of American Indians (native Americans).
- They were first created by the North American Indians and were used to capture pleasant dreams and stop bad ones.
- Sumacs are regarded as sacred trees by the North American Indians, who make medicines from many parts of the plant.
- Spiced fruits came from the Arabs, the turkey was the food of the North American Indians.
- It has been used by the native North American Indians as a survival food over the centuries.
- It appeared that Navajos and other American Indians made up over ninety percent of those attending.
- The rain dance from the American Indians certainly worked, as on Friday afternoon there was a terrific downpour.
- Other people have taken up the fight - women, Hispanics, Asians, American Indians.
- My values are consistent with the American Indians, aborigines, and African people.
- According to the legend, American Indians came to their aid, sharing indigenous foods such as maize and turkey.
- But what about the flood legends of the American Indians and the Australian Aborigines?
- Lacrosse is believed to have been first played by native American Indians in the 15th century, for recreation and to settle disputes between tribes.
- This poem is an arresting comment on the similar experiences of oppression suffered by Maori and by American Indians.
- That includes 1,550 Hispanics, American Indians and other ethnic minorities.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!