The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of afable
1(person/nature) afable(person/nature) amable
- She was a very good looking woman, with an amiable and warm personality, but I didn't know her personally.
- A most amiable and kindly man, he was held in very high esteem and was a noted character in the area.
- Anyway, I found Andrea to be a perfectly amiable person, but that was not a universal view.
- He described him Mr Reid as an amiable person who wanted to learn the basics of the religion.
- He is an amiable person, but very disorganised, and this often leads to frustration on the part of staff, and friction.
- He was blonde haired, blue eyed, and perhaps one of the most amiable people in the town.
- Of all Europe's princes today, Albert Alexandre Louis Pierre must be one of the most amiable and likeable.
- Dale agreed, finding it difficult not to warm to the amiable fisherman.
- Most of the time, however, the two rivals were amiable and pleased with each other's achievements.
- Balard had a kind and amiable personality, to which students responded warmly.
- Finally, an amiable person pulled up in an old pickup truck and let the poor man in.
- Jane Galt is a charming hostess, and her salon is a vastly more amiable affair than I imagine Rand's were.
- We suspect that it was a very amiable meeting because they are both decent people who know the score.
- The result is that amiable but gullible Arthur finds himself fleeced by friends and strangers alike.
- The film thrives on the chemistry between its two likeable leads, while the rest of the cast is funny and amiable.
- Of course he would dispute that, though in the most amiable terms.
- I'm sad that such noble, amiable and inventive creatures could be treated so cruelly.
- Always amiable and frequently hilarious, future triumphs on the comedy circuit might not be that much of a tall order.
- If he is allowed to continue, others with less amiable intentions will follow.
- He's an amiable if laconic sort, seemingly uninterested in talking about himself.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!